Dinner

Oct. 21st, 2011 12:17 pm
chesnee: (Default)
[personal profile] chesnee

I've decided to put in a recipe (sort of) of my yesterday's dinner. It was just SO delicious, I want to keep it for the future. Please bear with my erratic descriptions but I can't follow a recipe for my life (unless it's cake, then any variations are usually fatal).

Just to make sure: this wasn't entirely my idea, the basis was from a cookbook but it's in Polish so... unless you speak the language I won't give the title. Anyway, the original was for "potatoes with tomato sauce" and I made it into my own creation. As usual, anyway, since I never do exactly what they say ;P.

So. The ingredients: (for two people)

- 12 potatoes (not too big, not too small; I usually look at the amount and think "Will we eat more or less?")
- 12 champignon mushrooms
- one Pascal celery (the green one with long stalks), although you will not use the whole of it
- one chicken fillet (or any other meat you want, I chose chicken because it can be fried fast) - actually you can even skip the meat
- one onion (big enough to fit your palm)
- one can of crushed tomatoes (I was lazy here but you can use three big tomatoes and grind them yourselves), make sure it doesn't contain salt
- one glass of sour cream (250 ml)
- two spoons of flour
- salt, pepper

I put the ingredients in the order you're going to use them.

First, peel the potatoes and put them on the stove for boiling. Salt them if you want.
Then, slice the champignon mushrooms into small pieces. I wrote you would need 12 of them but actually, there should be enough small pieces to cover the bottom of a standard pan (mine is 28.5 cm so... 11 inches?). Fry the mushrooms, salting them a bit first.
Then add sliced pieces of celery. In terms of amount, I'd say if the mushrooms were 100%, then celery should be 30%. Sorry, I'm not good with measuring, I usually add things by looking. Anyway, add the celery and cover the pan so they can stew.
Slice the chicken meat into small pieces. This is important because the meat will stew with the vegetables and can't be too big. Add the meat and salt it.
Now you can add pepper and some other spices that you usually add to the meat (for me it's curry powder). Stew everything until the meat turns white and soft.
Slice halves of the onion and add it on the top of everything in the pan and cover it. That way the onion will be nice and springy.
When the onion turns soft, add the can of tomatoes. Stir everything and, if it's not salty enough for you, you can add a bit of All Spice. I'm usually careful with salt, especially in processed food.
Whisk two spoons of flour into the sour cream in a bowl. Add the cream to the stew, stir until it boils and THAT'S THE END. :D
To serve, put potatoes on a plate and add the stew. Sprinkle with some spring onions or other greens, or ground cheese.


Sorry there's no pictures, I'll try next time.

Hmm it was surprisingly difficult to describe the process. I guess I'm "all over the place" when I cook. But the whole thing was really good.

Bon appetit!

Here's the link to a picture of the celery I used: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C%C3%A9leri.jpg

Profile

chesnee: (Default)
chesnee

January 2016

S M T W T F S
      12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 12th, 2026 02:31 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios